Tuesday, January 3, 2012

High Heart Enzyme Numbers - Surgery Postponed A Week

Up since five AM with a type B personality, I've been trying to either assuage anxiety or make everything a gradual accomodation. The NPR news cycles three times by the time I've set food and water out for Whinnie, and Lego goes into his large pet carrier. Things are not so bad until we stop in the parking lot and a couple in an old, Ford Bronco start up next to us.

[Picture of courtyard passageway to the vet's office will be placed here later.]

South facing awning next to the Viktorios Pizza/Bar. I can see how this could be a nice place to watch the  snow melt with a glass of vino, or something. (Superb view over Moore Automotive's used tire racks!)

The happening spot of Colorado City, five miles "down the hill" from Rye.

Site of the panicky howling/ breezeway.

At this Lego yowls and will not be calmed by me as I temporarily try to sooth him, setting the carrier on a breezeway table. Lego is weighs 17 pounds. The vet would like to see him lose a couple. We get as far as a blood screening for heart, liver, and kidney function, the former of which is too high for putting him under for her liking. We are sent home with high-blood pressure medicine for a week. The highest probable cause of his blindness is glaucoma, and the vet suggests that it could affect his other eye, but says there are some eye drops that could prevent it. I ask for a tapeworm tab for my other cat and get one.

Back home I try to get him to settle down with breakfast, the medicine sprinkled into moist Indoor Friskies cut back 25% the weight on his old serving. I have to cut one tiny tab in half and one part becomes mostly yellow dust, part of which I think I spilled into coffee grounds later. I have one more cup of coffee, finally reached takeoff speed with this, having made a short pot at five, only to go back to bed, and a second shorter pot trying to get one large mug before leaving earlier.

I can't find Whinnie for his wormer, and so head into Pueblo to look for work.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Andrew, I'm sorry. It's very stressful when our kitties have health problems. Good positive healing energy to Lego. Poor kid.

    ReplyDelete